The National Honor Society
NHS is a national organization with national standards and requirements. Membership in the Morgan Park High School Chapter of the National Honor Society is an honor bestowed upon superior students by the faculty council. Membership is based on outstanding scholarship, character, leadership and service.
• Are considered after their third, fifth, and/or seventh semester of high school;
• Must have at least a 3.3 out of a 4.0 cumulative GPA and be in the top 12.5% of the class;
• Must have no record in the discipline or attendance office within two years of application;
• Must have performed a minimum of two years of service to the school. The two service activities must be for two separate organizations.
• Must receive at least a 3.3/4.0 average on character and leadership evaluations from faculty.
• Must return all application forms according to the stated guidelines and within stated time constraints.
• Once inducted, members must participate actively in the Chapter's ongoing enterprises. Lack of participation could lead to dismissal. Further, not maintaining the Chapter's standards regarding scholarship, character, leadership, and service could lead to dismissal.