Thank you for your interest in the Academic Center at Morgan Park. We are a unique 7th & 8th grade program offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) curriculum.
MPAC students are offered a 9th grade curriculum and the opportunity to earn high school credits, thus providing greater opportunity to enroll in AP (advanced placement) and dual credit courses later in high school.
Why Morgan Park Academic Center (MPAC)?
• Teachers participate in common planning to integrate lessons between subjects while adhering to the MYP framework and assessment criteria
• Dedicated counselor for Academic Center students; students will keep this same counselor as they enter 9th grade
• Math placement exam to provide the most appropriate learning environment to ensure academic and social success for students
• Student Academic and Social Supports to ensure students' needs are being met
• Study one of two unique languages: Spanish or French
• Elective course selection- band or chorus
• Exposure to high school college fairs & college visits
• Automatically accepted into 9th grade IB MYP Cohort
• Participation in clubs and select sports programs (i.e NJHS, Student Council, Debate, Boys & Girls Basketball, Girls Volleyball, Flag Football, Cheerleading)
• Transportation provided to students who reside more than 1.5 miles from the school
• In 9th & 10th grade students take multiple Advanced Placement (AP) and Dual Credit classes
• In 11th & 12th grade students can participate in our IB Diploma Programme or IB Career-Related Pathway.
• In 11th & 12th grade students can take Dual Enrollment courses at City Colleges of Chicago and Chicago State University.
Post-secondary credit in high school
• IB Diploma and Career-related Programme
• Advanced Placement Coursework
• Dual Credit
• Dual Enrollment
• All options can earn college credit while in high school
Please click on the tabs to the left to learn more about MPAC? We look forward to seeing you at a future open house!
Morgan Park High School
1744 W Pryor Ave
Chicago, IL 60643
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. ~ John Quincy Adams