ACADEMIC CENTER NEWSLETTER
MPAC 7th-Grade Newsletter
Hello, 7th Grade MPAC Families,
Please find our announcements for the week of January 13 below
Edgenuity (Pathblazer) Edtech Program
- Math is our area of growth as a school, so please make sure that your scholar is spending a great amount of time practicing their Math skills within the program.
- Students will be responsible for completing 4-6 activities for each subject per week.
- Students must pass with scores of 75% or above!
- Student activity completion will be checked on MONDAY of every week and will be entered as an Individual Learning grade.
- Our attendance goal is 98%. 7th-grade's year to date attendance is 96.17%. This is a -0.14 decrease from last week.
- We need your support in improving our attendance percentage over the next 6 months.
- There are 14 instructional days remaining in the month of January. Let's start by making January a great month!
- I know we can do it! Please do everything you can to ensure your scholar is present and on time every day.
- Students who have three or more Cs, Ds, or Fs will now be required to attend academic lunch support.
- Students who are required to attend received passes last week and will be required to participate until their grade improves.
- Please ask your scholar if they received a pass or check Parent Portal to identify if your child will be required to attend.
- Academic Lunch support is mandatory and will be held on Monday, January 13, 15, 17.
- 1st semester ends on January 30.
MLK Day AKA Teen Summit
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. Presents the Annual MLK Teen Summit on Monday, January 20, from 8:30-2:30 pm at MPHS.
- Join us for a day filled with MLK activities, workshops, presentations, and a continental breakfast and lunch.
- Please see the attached flyer for more details.
School Picture Money Due
- If you are interested in purchasing your scholar's school pictures, the money is due on Monday, January 13.
- Students must bring their envelope to my office 1st period. If I am not in my office, please slide the envelope under my door.
7th-Grade Springfield Class Trip
We currently have 15 participants registered for the class trip. We need a total of 40 participants to attend to ensure we do not have to ride a bus with another school or have to incur a price increase.
- The deadline to register has been extended to Friday, January 24. Please register today!
- The cost of the trip is $109.00 per student and $125 per adult chaperone. This cost includes transportation, all sightseeing, a dinner buffet, insurance, and 24-hour emergency support.
- In order for your scholar to participate they must meet the following expectations:
- Must maintain a “C” or better in all academic classes
- Must achieve 96% year to date attendance
- Must receive no more than 10 student behavior infractions for the year
- Must have less than 25 tardies for the year
- ***The 7th-grade team has the discretion to invite students who receive a “D” in academic classes.
- It’s only a small initial $49 deposit to sign up. The remaining amount is spread out over the months leading up to the trip.
- Use Trip ID 183814 to sign up through one of three easy ways:
- online at worldstrides.com/signup,
- by phone at 800-468-5899, or
- by mail by completing the registration form included in your student invitation
- If you would like to chaperone, please complete the CPS volunteer application today. Please go to click here to complete the application.
- Both Girls and Boys teams have scheduled games on Saturday, January 18.
- Girls' basketball vs. Grissom at Carver High School at 9:00 am
- Boys' basketball vs. Kellogg at Julian High School at 11:00 am
- Please come out and support our Mustangs!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
- Monday, January 20-MLK Holiday-Day of non-attendance for students
- Monday, January 20-AKA MLK Teen Summit
- Friday, January 31-School Improvement Day-Day of non-attendance for students
Morgan Park High School
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. ~ John Quincy Adams