ACADEMIC CENTER NEWSLETTER
MPAC 7th-Grade Newsletter
Hello 7th-Grade MPAC Families,
What a great BEARS Game! Lesson learned-You must play to the finish! Bear Down!
Please find our announcements for the week of September 16 below.
School-Wide September Attendance Incentive
- Our attendance goal is 98%. 7th-grade's year to data attendance is 98.87%. We need your support in ensuring we meet our goal this year. Please ensure your scholar is in school on time every day.
- On the first day, an absent student returns to school, the parent/guardian must provide the school with a signed “Reason for Absence Form” (see attached) or a handwritten note that identifies the reason and date for each student absence. The student must submit the note to the attendance office.
- We are excited to announce the September attendance incentive for students. Students who are present in school for 15/16 days from September 9 to September 30 will be invited to have pizza outside under the portico during lunch on Friday, October 4. We are expecting 100% AC participation. Please inform your scholar of the September incentive and encourage them to meet the goal. Please see the attached flyer.
AC Grade Level Incentive
- To support academic success students who achieve all As & Bs on their 5-week progress report and achieve perfect attendance from September 9-October 4 will be invited to an ice cream party on Friday, October 11. Please see the attached flyer for more detail.
- To ensure student safety, students must wear their ID at all times.
- Students must scan in when entering the building.
- If a student does not have their ID they can purchase a temporary ID in the attendance office for $1.00.
- If a student loses their ID they can purchase a new ID in the attendance office for $5.00.
- Students will report to Ms. Phillips' classroom room 201 from 2:45-3:45 p.m.
- Are scheduled for Wednesday, September 18. Taking this photo for the yearbook is free. Order pricing will be available once proofs are returned the week of October 14. Please see the Morgan Park School website under Academic Center for more information.
Back to School Night
- Please mark your calendars for our Back-to-School Night on Wednesday, September 25, 5:30 pm. This is a great opportunity for you to experience firsthand a typical day for your student at MPAC. Parents will follow an abbreviated version of their student's schedule, meet their teachers, learn activities, expectations, grading and more.
- Is Friday, October 4 from 6:00-8:30 pm
- Ticket cost is $20.00 and can be purchased during lunch the week of September 30.
- Thank you for your patience with transportation over the last two weeks. Hoping we do not have any issues this week. However, if you are experiencing issues, please contact the Office of StudentTransportation at 773-553-2860, the bus company, and send me an email.
- Please include the following information in your email:
- Student's name, bus company, bus stop location, who you spoke to at the bus company, and issue/concern
Math Circles of Chicago
- Classes begin on Monday, September 23, from 3:45-5:00 p.m.
- Participating students should report to Ms. Phillips' classroom room 201 from 2:45-3:45 p.m.
- If you have questions, please reach out to the site coordinator, Ms. Phillips at email@example.com
- Fall Session Dates: 9/23, 9/30, 10/7, 10/21, 10/28, 11/4, 11/28
- Girls volleyball practice begins this week. Practices will run Monday-Wednesday from 3:00-4:30 pm in the girls gym.
- This is the last week for cheerleading tryouts. Practices will be held on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:00-6:00 pm. A half-hour of practice time will be used as a study hall.
Burst into Books
- Looking for a book club for your child or a girls group supporting girls to understand the meaning and power of true sisterhood? Please see the attached flyers for two amazing opportunities through Burst into Books (see attachment below).
- Wednesday, September 1-Yearbook pictures
- Wednesday, September 25 AC Back to School Night at 5:30 p.m. Please see the attached flyer
- AC Homecoming dance Friday, October 4
- Homecoming football game, Friday, October 11 at 7:15 pm at Gatley
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Morgan Park High School